Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Road Trips

I'm sure you all have taken some kind of road trip, if not, DON'T. Road trips always sound like a good idea at the time, in short, they're not. Seven years ago my friends and I decided we'd drive from Massachusetts to South Carolina to pick up our friend from Marine Boot Camp. It was about an 850 mile, one way trip, doesn't sound too bad. When you haven't been in a car for more than 4 or 5 hours, an 850 mile trip in the car is agonzing! "Never again," I told myself.

Well, a year later my friend whose into Chevy Caprice cars, wanted to drive to Georgia for some big Caprice race/expo. I was in college at the time and didn't really have anything to do, so i thought, "what the hell." Halfway through Virginia I knew I'd made a mistake, getting extremely antsy. Being in a car for hours on end is no fun at all. Right when we crossed the North Carolina/South Carolina line, the car's front end was suddenly touching the ground. A component in the front of the car, snapped. Great, we're stuck in Blacksburg, SC. So, we called a tow truck, a flat bed truck picks us up, puts us in the car in the back of the flat bed and brings us to the mechanic. We were at the mechanics for 8 hours! They did take us to some dive of a fried chicken place, which was quite tasty, might I add. So, when the car was fixed 8 hours later, we had had enough and decided to go back home to Massachusetts.


From this day forward, I will NEVER go on another road trip. Oh yeah, on the way home from the car being fixed, the heat went out. We had to endure the last 6 hours of the drive without any heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment